Job Description – Primary Care Medic
canaPHEM is a full-service Health and Safety Company, located in Whitby. We are looking to hire additional medics to work on a casual/part-time basis.
- Perform N95 mask fit testing – (training provided)
- Perform asymptomatic COVID-19 rapid testing on film sets, industries, construction sites and other locations (training provided)
- Work at film sites and events providing medical coverage under the medical authority of canaPHEM’s medical director
- Pick-up and delivery of stock/ equipment as needed under the delegation of canaPHEM medical director, following all delegated controlled acts as an Advanced Care and/or Primary Care Medic, as outlined in the Ontario Advanced Life Support Patient Care Standards (ALS PCS) published by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Punctual for courses, events, and bookings
- Follows all canaPHEM policy and procedures, as well as event medic policy and procedures
- Undertakes inventory control of stock before and after each shift
- Reports malfunctioning or damaged equipment
- Safely meeting or exceeding response time standards, when asked to respond to an emergency call
- Preparing and submitting reports (PCR, Minor Injury Report, Incident Report) in a timely fashion.
- Is presentable & willing desire to teach
- Follows dress code for all events and courses
- Ensuring the stocking and safeguarding of vehicles, equipment, supplies and medications
- Signs equipment in/out for each assigned shift, using proper documentation
- Attends all continuing medical education days (CME), or other training days
- Other duties as assigned
- Availability to be submitted via When I Work (our scheduling app), for the whole next month, by the 15th of each month
- Provides a minimum 4 weekday shifts and one weekend shift per month.
- Hours of availability must be a minimum of 8 hours per shift
- Accepts shifts via When I Work when shift has been assigned and sent out, by scheduler
- There is no guarantee of hours to work
- Ontario Community College (2-year program) or Ontario Private College
- (1-year program) Diploma in Emergency Health Care/Paramedicine (EMCA/AEMCA).
- Certification as Advanced Care or Primary Care Medic in the Province of Ontario or AEMCA pending Valid BLS CPR
- All qualifications that meet the requirements of the Ambulance Act and related Regulations including being free from communicable diseases and having a clear criminal record
- Class G driver’s license to drive any canaPHEM vehicles with less than 6 demerit points or prohibition from driving under the criminal code
- Ability to meet and maintain Health requirements as set by the Ambulance Act
- Physical ability to provide patient care and transport
- Vulnerable sector check, annually
- Ability to consistently maintain job attendance as scheduled
If you are interested, please email your resume to: