For additional info contact email@example.com or call 1-833-226-7436
The Event Paramedic Division will be launching January 1st 2019, booking for the service is available now.
canaPHEM is a first aid training and medical supply company that has extended its resources to staff an event paramedic services branch. Our initiative has always been to provide the community with the knowledge and skills they need to be competent and confident to respond to emergency situations when they happen. It is everyday people who respond to emergency situations that save lives not EMS. Without the quick reaction of the people on scene when the emergency happens the chain of survival breaks down. This is why we want to continue to expand our initiative by providing the community with high quality paramedic medical coverage to large events. The chances of an emergency situation at a large event increases due to the quantity of people in the area and the nature of the event itself. Therefore, we would like to further arm everyday first responders with access to on site paramedic response to improve the community’s ability to respond to emergency situations.
There is an increasing demand for access to medical care in the public domain and in turn liability coverage for organizations canaPHEM is able provide medical coverage for spectators, event-goers, and participants alike. Hiring free methods of medical coverage can leave you open to liability issues due to limited medical capabilities and training while hiring regional EMS comes at a very heavy cost. canaPHEM offers an affordable alternative from a liability and cost perspective. Furthermore, our personnel have the ability to be primary medical coverage or support coverage of higher medical authority.
Are you looking for medical coverage for a large event? We can provide fully qualified paramedics for any commercial, public, or private large gatherings. Examples of events may include:
- Concerts/music festivals
- Sporting events
- Large spectating events
- Street festivals
- Religious gatherings
- Amusement Parks
- Conferences/ Trade shows
Providing the regions of Durham, Kawartha Lakes, Peterborough, Northumberland, Hastings and further with high quality medical coverage from our bases located in Whitby and Cobourg.
We can provide event medical coverage with fully qualified Primary and Advanced care paramedics. All paramedics have completed the requirements to be a fully certified paramedic in Ontario and have undergone rigorous screening and testing processes by canaPHEM. Furthermore all paramedics are kept up to date with skills and knowledge through continuous education and knowledge training.
- PCP’s are the standard for pre-hospital emergency care. They have undergone a two year college diploma program and passed their Ontario Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant (AEMCA) examination to be certified to work as a PCP for any EMS service in Ontario. Skills include:
- Cardiac Monitoring
- CPR and defibrillation
- Oxygen therapy
- IV therapy
- Trauma and Medical basic life support
- Symptom relief medication administration:
- Non- Emergency patient care
- ACP’s have completed all the requirements of a PCP and have completed an additional year of school at an accredited college for advanced care paramedicine. Furthermore they have passed the Ontario Advanced Care Paramedic examination and are certified to work as an ACP for any EMS service in ontario. ACP scope of practice includes:
- All PCP scope of practice
- Cardiac pacing and cardioversion
- Chest needle decompression
- Additional symptom relief medication administration:
- Calcium gluconate
- In addition to paramedic credentials a number of our paramedics are certified lifeguards and are available to do dual coverage for events that require this resource as well. Skills in addition to paramedic scope of practice include:
- Water rescue and extrication
- Water safety precautions
It only takes 4 minutes without oxygen for the brain to die. Average response times for EMS in Ontario is 8 minutes. For someone in a serious emergency situation having someone on scene to respond is the difference between life and death.
Our non-transport services will enable you to respond effectively to emergency situations when it happens. You will be able to respond immediately with the full capabilities of a paramedic service for a fraction of the cost. When it comes to patient transportation our teams will be able to effectively and efficiently communicate with local EMS and other resources to get the patient where they need to be, giving you the peace of mind in a stressful situation.
We offer a range of medical capabilities from a single paramedic equipped with a first aid kit to a dynamic team with a hierarchy of medical capabilities, full equipment and a first aid station. canaPHEM paramedics can be equipped with:
- Oxygen kit
- Trauma kit
- Full diagnostic cardiac monitoring
- Extrication devices
- IV equipment
- Intubation equipment
- Symptom relief
We will work with you to develop an appropriate medical response plan based on the needs and resources of your event. This includes elements such as the location of the first aid station, EMS pick-up locations, paramedic deployment and positioning, transport within the event, communication etc.