As we enter our second year of business we reflect on the past year and plan for the coming year. It is truly awesome to think about all that we have accomplished in our first year of business and we are excited to tackle the future.
In 2016 canaPHEM incorporated and began operations in Whitby and Durham Region and we have accomplished so much,
- Created one full time position
- Added 4-part time casual instructors
- Partnered with multiple organizations and businesses
- Over 300 people trained in First Aid & CPR
- 25 Zoll AED Plus Defibrillators deployed in local businesses and organizations
- Multiple First Aid Kits and Equipment placed in local businesses and organizations
- A couple of thousand dollars donated to various charities in the community
- Finalist for the Whitby Chamber of Commerce New Business of the Year 2016
- At least 2 lives saved by our students
Wow, when we reflect we realize just how important and vital our work is in the community. We are changing the conversation and creating a movement with our Emergency First Aid Game Plan.
What are our goals for 2016?
- Create one to two more full time positions
- Add more instructors
- Partner and network
- Support great organizations in the community while developing and nurturing our partnerships
- Train at least 1,000 people in First Aid / CPR
- Place at least 50 lifesaving AEDS in the community
- Implement the Emergency First Aid Game Plan in at least 50 new organizations