Cannabis in the Workplace: Management Training
Cannabis is the Workplace: Management Training provides participants with information about cannabis in the workplace, focusing on the issue of impairment and providing practical guidance to help develop and apply appropriate and effective policies and procedures.
Who Should Take the Course?
This course has been designed for business owners, organizational leaders, and those with management responsibilities.
The purpose of this course is to provide a foundation that you can build upon when understanding the facts regarding cannabis in the workplace. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Know the facts about medical and recreational cannabis use in Canada
- Recognize the potential causes, signs, and effects of impairment
- Describe the health and safety responsibilities of employers and employees
- Understand the duty to accommodate, as it applies to the use of medical cannabis
- Recognize the limitations and challenges associated with drug testing
- Know the importance of having a workplace policy, and procedures related to impairment
At the end of the course, there is a test. Participants must successfully complete the test before receiving their certificate. Participants that do not achieve 100% can review the module content and try as many times as necessary to complete the course. Test questions are randomly selected from a test bank, making each test unique.
Upon successfully completing the course, there is a printable certificate for your records.
This online course is self-paced. Participants may leave the course at anytime and can resume where they left off. The duration will depend on the individual participant and their prior knowledge of the subject matter. On average, the course will take about 1 hour to complete.